BOD Telecon Meeting of Aug 25, 2015
Tuesday, August 25, 2015
August Minutes of Meeting (MoM)
BOD and ADVBD meeting started on August 25th at 9:30pm EST
Anil Singh – CA
Ramesh Yadav – CA
Anand Mishra – CA
Amrita Sehgal – OR
Baal Trivedi – TX
Alka Singh – MA
Divy Raj – NJ
Prabhat Sinha – DC
Neil Pundit – FL
Rajesh Jha – FL
We appreciated the services of the outgoing
members and welcomed the continuing and the re-elected members.
1. What's high on your mind?
· Anil – Sports facility improvements for girls in campus, preferably in their hostels. A theme song for our Alumni Assoc
· Amrita – Upliftment of BIT Sindri and Alumni
· Divy – Girls Safety in Campus
· Anand – More NA participation from Alumni and Implementation of ideas
· Baal – Prioritizing the projects for the Basic Need specifically around Girl student’s need
· Prabhat – A week long conference in India
· Rajesh – Collaborate Research Projects with local Research Institutions
· Ramesh – Strengthen BITSAA of NA, Scholarship issue needs to be closed out.
2. Annual Meet Report:
· Annual NJ Meet, took place on 24th and 25th July – Summary presented by Divy and Neil
· Annual CA Meet, took place on 14th and 15th Aug – Summary presented by Anil and Anand
· Ramesh Yadav proposed Webcast Process documentation for future for other regions – Anand to complete the documentation
· Whether to combine two days meet into one day event in order not to stretch the event too much.
3. Monthly Telecon Meeting Date & Time:
We will continue the same date and time last Tuesday of the Month for the monthly BOD meeting starting at 9:30pm eastern time.
4. Review Priorities:
· External Priorities – Less ambitious projects, so completion can be attained more aggressively
o Safety and security of Girls Students
o Recruitment of the Faculty
o Wi-Fi campus wide
o Infrastructure – maintenance and needed
o Student placement
· Internal Priorities – can be done with local alumni only
o Reaching a goal to reach out to 1000 alumni member
o Public Toilet Project – 1M budget, awaiting NOC, working with Girijesh. We had Aug 4 visit by Secretary Ajay Kr Singh, in charge . is 10 point speech (details on the website) within 3 yrs BIT will regain its old glory of itself comparable to IIT.
5. Representatives to the Association International
Define a requirement to qualify for International Association Representative - active member of the association.
· Ghazanfar has named Shree Prakash (1986 EC) from Toronto
· Naresh Sahu to represent US
6. New Business
· Ramesh Yadav welcomed to the newly elected members.
· Forming a committee to lead a project to completion.